Stop Online Piracy act is an United States Bill.This Bill came into the picture to prevent Online piracy and Content theft.
Taking advantages of loop holes in the law many foreign websites are targeting US search engines to have their websites displayed.These websites are all infringing copy righted materials like movies,Music,games,etc. It is expected to be about 53 billion visits to these Rogue websites putting in a risk of 19 million American Jobs.
It is completely US centered.
If one website owner accuses his competitor for “infringement”.,with out any proper evidence the accused website is blacklisted till accused proves himself as innocent.So,he will loose all his traffic all these days.Sure this will cause a havoc.
Opponents of SOPA:
- Internets Big Gun Google opposed the SOPA act by making its LOGO completely black which when clicked displayed a message “End Piracy not Liberty”
- Wikipedia Opposed the SOPA act by blocking all the English websites on Novemebr 15th with a message saying “Imagine a World with out free knowledge”
- All most all internet users and industry Opposed this act.
- Facebook, Twitter, Zynga, eBay, Mozilla, Yahoo, AOL, and LinkedIn Opposed this act.
- All these websites have written a letter to U.S. Senate and House of Representatives, saying SOPA poses “a serious risk to our industry’s continued track record of innovation and job creation, as well as to our nation’s cybersecurity.”
Supporters of this Act:
1.Walt Disney is the Strong supporter of this act.
2.US Senate and House of Represenataives
The below Picture depicts the Clear info about SOPA
Show your love or hate for this Act through your comments and Ratings for this post